Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts

Do I need a visa to go to Germany?


Short stays in Germany with a Polish national visa or a Polish residency permit

If you are in possession of a Polish visa with a validity exceeding 90 days, you can travel for 90 days per half a year to Germany for touristic purposes or for transit within Schengen.

Long Term stays in Germany over 90 days

As long as you are not a citizen of a state whose citizenship allows you to enter Germany freely (please check the list of states below), you have your domicile legally in Poland (e.g. Karta pobytu, D-Visa) and you plan to stay in Germany for more than 3 months (family reunion, studying) or to work in Germany, you need a visa for entering the country. If you are already in Germany AND have a Polish residence permit that lets you legally stay in Germany AND meet the criteria for being entitled to receiving a residence permit, you may contact your local community directly. Please contact your local community for more information on this subject.

List of states with visa requirement for entering Germany - an overview

List of states

For download

General Information concerning Visa PDF / 167 KB