Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
- Only the visa office of the Embassy in Warsaw is responsible for visa applications. The Consulates General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Krakow, Wroclaw and Gdansk do not issue visas and do not provide information on visa applications.
- Please note that you must come to the embassy in person with all the necessary documents to submit your application. Please make an appointment via our appointment system on the Internet. Please plan that the processing time after application is usually several weeks.
- Your application can only be accepted if the documents are complete. The documents must be submitted in the original with two copies of each. Documents in foreign languages must be submitted with an official German translation.
- A fee of approximately 400 zloty (75,- Euro depending on the exchange rate) is charged for processing a visa application. The fee is to be paid in Polish zloty at the time of application. It is a processing fee. There is no right to reimbursement in case of rejection or withdrawal of the application.
The applications will be sent to the responsible foreigners authority for comment. The processing time is usually at least four (4) weeks, but may increase to several months in individual cases. As soon as a decision has been reached, the applicant will be informed immediately by the Embassy. In order to relieve the visa office, it is urgently requested that applicants refrain from making status inquiries, as this delays the general processing of visa applications.
After a positive decision on the application, you will be asked to provide proof of existing travel insurance coverage for the validity period of the visa before the visa can be issued. Please note that you will need to collect your visa in person.
Please make sure that you submit complete application documents! Incomplete applications may result in rejection of the visa application.
The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documentation.
The following list allows you to check whether your application documents are complete by ticking them off. All documents listed here must be submitted in the requested form and order.
- Two (2) application forms including instructions according to § 54 AufenthG, completely filled out and signed
- Two (2) current biometric passport photos (format: see photo sample board)
- Valid passport (signed by hand and with at least two (2) completely free pages)
- Two (2) plain copies of the data page of your valid passport
- Proof of habitual and legal residence in Poland by Polish residence permit (e.g. visa/residence card), valid for at least 3 months, with two (2) copies.
In individual cases, further proof of habitual residence (e.g. bank statements, ZUS statements, rental contracts, etc.) may be necessary.
- Last registration certificate in Poland, with two (2) copies
- Completed questionnaire „Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis“, with one (1) copy
- Internship contract with information on the type and duration of the internship, social security and salary, with two (2) copies
- Commercial register excerpt of the company located in Germany, with two (2) copies
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form, with two (2) copies
- for internship after the 4th semester: agreement of the Federal Employment Agency and proof of finances (scholarship + blocked account, if applicable), with two (2) copies
- For other internships: detailed training plan, letter of motivation with future prospects and proof of remuneration according to the applicable German minimum wage guidelines, with two (2) copies
- If available, the pre-approval of the Federal Employment Agency, which your employer can apply for, with two (2) copies