Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
- Only the visa office of the Embassy in Warsaw is responsible for visa applications. The Consulates General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Krakow, Wroclaw and Gdansk do not issue visas and do not provide information on visa applications.
- Please note that you must come to the embassy in person with all the necessary documents to submit your application. Please make an appointment via our appointment system on the Internet. Please plan that the processing time after application is usually several weeks.
- Your application can only be accepted if the documents are complete. The documents must be submitted in the original with two copies of each. Documents in foreign languages must be submitted with an official German translation.
- A fee of approximately 400 zloty (75,- Euro depending on the exchange rate) is charged for processing a visa application for self-employment. The fee is to be paid in Polish zloty at the time of application. It is a processing fee. There is no right to reimbursement in case of rejection or withdrawal of the application.
A residence permit for the purpose of self-employment may be issued if:
- there is an economic interest or a regional need,
- the activity is expected to have a positive impact on the economy, and
- the financing of the implementation is secured by equity capital or by a credit commitment.
For more information, please visit: www.make-it-in-germany.com
The applications are sent to the competent German immigration authority as well as to other authorities and representatives of interest groups for comments. The processing time is usually two (2) to four (4) months, but may increase to several months in individual cases. As soon as a decision has been made, the applicant will be informed immediately by the Embassy. In order to relieve the visa office, it is urgently requested that applicants refrain from making inquiries about the status of their application, as this delays the general processing of visa applications.
After a positive decision on the application, you will be asked to provide proof of existing travel insurance coverage for the validity period of the visa before the visa can be issued. Please note that you must receive your visa in person.
Please make sure to submit complete application documents! Incomplete applications may lead to the rejection of the visa application.
The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documentation.
The following list enables you to check whether your application documents are complete by ticking them off. All documents listed here must be submitted in the requested form and order.
- Two (2) application forms including instructions according to § 54 AufenthG, completely filled out and signed
- Two (2) recent biometric passport photos (format: see photo sample board)
- Valid passport (signed by hand and with at least two (2) completely free pages)
- Two (2) plain copies of the data page of your valid passport
- Proof of habitual and legal residence in Poland by Polish residence permit (e.g. visa/residence card), valid for at least 3 months, with two (2) copies.
In individual cases, further proof of habitual residence (e.g. bank statements, ZUS statements, rental contracts, etc.) may be necessary.
- Last registration certificate in Poland, with two (2) copies
- Company profile (not for freelancers), with two (2) copies
- Business plan (not for freelancers), with two (2) copies
- Business concept (not for freelancers), with two (2) copies
- Capital requirements plan (not for freelancers), with two (2) copies
- Financing plan or proof of financing, with two (2) copies
- Marketing strategy, with two (2) copies
- Revenue forecast, with two (2) copies
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form (professional career, academic career, references, etc.), with two (2) copies
- Qualification certificates, university diploma if applicable (original, translation if applicable, with apostille if applicable), with two (2) copies
- additional information on the number of jobs expected to be created and the number of training positions expected to be created, with two (2) copies
- if possible: explanation of how the areas of innovation and research will be positively influenced by the project, with two (2) copies
- if applicable, professional license (if required, e.g. license to practice law, license to practice medicine), with two (2) copies
- if available: Lease agreement or proof of condominium ownership, with two (2) copies.
- if available: Proof of (future) main residence in Germany (registration confirmation or rental agreement and confirmation of move-in), with two (2) copies.
- Self-employed persons over 45 years of age:
If you are older than 45, you must also provide proof of adequate retirement benefits.
e.g. insurance offer on a private pension insurance or life insurance, own assets, business assets, with two (2) copies.