Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
- Only the visa office of the Embassy in Warsaw is responsible for visa applications. The Consulates General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Krakow, Wroclaw and Gdansk do not issue visas and do not provide information on visa applications.
- Please note that you must come to the embassy in person with all the necessary documents to submit your application. Please make an appointment via our appointment system on the Internet. Please plan that the processing time after application is usually several weeks.
- Your application can only be accepted if the documents are complete. The documents must be submitted in the original with two copies of each. Documents in foreign languages must be submitted with an official German translation.
- A fee of approximately 400 zloty (75,- Euro depending on the exchange rate) is charged for processing a visa application. The fee is to be paid in Polish zloty at the time of application. It is a processing fee. There is no right to reimbursement in case of rejection or withdrawal of the application.
- This visa enables interested third-country nationals who are younger than 25 years of age, can prove that they have at least B2 language skills and have a university entrance qualification for Germany to come to Germany for a maximum of six months in order to look for a training position and begin appropriate training.
Information on the migration of skilled workers can be found in the skilled workers portal.
- If you sign an apprenticeship contract in Germany during the validity of your visa, you can apply for the residence permit and the work permit directly at the locally responsible foreigners authority. It is then no longer necessary to leave Germany for the visa procedure.
The processing time is usually at least two (2) weeks, but may increase to several weeks in individual cases. As soon as a decision has been reached, the applicant will be informed immediately by the Embassy. In order to relieve the visa office, it is urgently requested that applicants refrain from making status inquiries, as this delays the general processing of visa applications.
After a positive decision on the application, you will be asked to provide proof of existing travel insurance coverage for the validity period of the visa before the visa can be issued. Please note that you will need to collect your visa in person.
Please make sure that you submit complete application documents! Incomplete applications may result in rejection of the visa application.
The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documentation.
The following list allows you to check whether your application documents are complete by ticking them off. All documents listed here must be submitted in the requested form and order.
- Two (2) application forms including instructions according to § 54 AufenthG, completely filled out and signed
- Two (2) recent biometric passport photos (format: see photo sample board)
- Valid passport (signed by hand and with at least two (2) completely free pages)
- Two (2) plain copies of the data page of your valid passport
- Proof of habitual and legal residence in Poland by Polish residence permit (e.g. visa/residence card), valid for at least 3 months, with two (2) copies.
In individual cases, further proof of habitual residence (e.g. bank statements, ZUS statements, rental contracts, etc.) may be necessary.
- Last registration certificate in Poland, with two (2) copies
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form on the professional career with proof of the required university entrance qualification (school leaving certificate with corresponding translation) and, if applicable, confirmation of university entrance qualification by ZAB at the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Länder in the Federal Republic of Germany, with two (2) copies.
The proven university entrance qualification is a basic prerequisite for applying for a visa to search for an apprenticeship place. Eligibility can be checked on the Internet.
Please note that a certificate recognition procedure may be required.
- Letter of motivation with details on the planned search for a training position (industry, region, planned place of residence/accommodation, etc.) in German or English, with one (1) copy
- If already available, further proof of your preparation for the search for a training position (if applicable, invitations to job interviews), with two (2) copies
- Proof of financing of the stay, with two (2) copies. This can be provided by
- a formal declaration of commitment according to §§ 66 to 68 of the Residence Act, in which a third person undertakes in writing to bear the costs. Foreigners' offices and registration authorities in Germany have appropriate forms available for this purpose.
- a credit balance at a German bank in the form of a blocked account in the amount of at least 6.162 Euro with a maximum monthly disposal amount of 1.027 Euro .
Further information on opening a blocked account in Germany can be found on our website at: Opening a blocked account in Germany.