Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
- Only the visa office of the Embassy in Warsaw is responsible for visa applications. The Consulates General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Krakow, Wroclaw and Gdansk do not issue visas and do not provide information on visa applications.
- Please note that you must come to the embassy in person with all the necessary documents to submit your application. Please make an appointment via our appointment system on the Internet. Please plan that the processing time after application is usually several weeks.
- Your application can only be accepted if the documents are complete. The documents must be submitted in the original with two copies of each. Documents in foreign languages must be submitted with an official German translation.
- A fee of approximately 400 zloty (75,- Euro depending on the exchange rate) is charged for processing a visa application. The fee is to be paid in Polish zloty in cash at the time of application. It is a processing fee. There is no right to reimbursement in case of rejection or withdrawal of the application.
- This visa allows interested professionals from third countries who have a university degree or vocational training qualification to come to Germany for a maximum of six months to look for a job in order to find employment locally that matches their qualifications.
- Information on the migration of skilled workers can be found in the skilled workers portal.
- If you sign an employment contract in Germany during the validity of your visa, you can apply for the residence permit and the work permit directly at the locally responsible foreigners authority. It is then no longer necessary to leave Germany for the visa procedure.
The processing time is usually at least two (2) weeks, but may increase to several weeks in individual cases. As soon as a decision has been reached, the applicant will be informed immediately by the Embassy. In order to relieve the visa office, it is urgently requested that applicants refrain from making status inquiries, as this delays the general processing of visa applications.
After a positive decision on the application, you will be asked to provide proof of existing travel insurance coverage for the validity period of the visa before the visa can be issued. Please note that you must receive your visa in person.
Please make sure to submit complete application documents! Incomplete applications may lead to the rejection of the visa application.
The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documentation.
The following list enables you to check whether your application documents are complete. All documents listed here must be submitted in the requested form and order.
- Two (2) application forms including instructions according to § 54 AufenthG, completely filled out and signed
- Two (2) recent biometric passport photos (format: see photo sample board)
- Valid passport (signed by hand and with at least two (2) completely free pages)
- Two (2) plain copies of the data page of your valid passport
- Proof of habitual and legal residence in Poland by Polish residence permit (e.g. visa/residence card), valid for at least 3 months, with two (2) copies.
In individual cases, further proof of habitual residence (e.g. bank statements, ZUS statements, rental contracts, etc.) may be necessary.
- Last registration certificate in Poland, with two (2) copies
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form on the professional career with proof of the required university qualification (diploma, university degree) or professional qualification (completed vocational training with corresponding recognition notice from the competent German body) as proof of recognition of the qualification in Germany, with two (2) copies.
In the case of academic qualifications: Recognition of the foreign university degree is a basic prerequisite for applying for a visa to seek employment. The recognition of foreign university degrees can be checked on the following website: ANABIN. For more information, please refer to the separate article on proof of foreign university qualifications.
Please note that a certificate recognition procedure may be required.
For non-academic qualifications: Recognition of the foreign professional qualification is a basic requirement for applying for a visa to find a job. The required recognition procedure must be completed BEFORE applying for a visa. The corresponding recognition certificate must be submitted when applying for a visa. Subsequent submissions are generally not possible.
Further information on the recognition of foreign education can be found at: Anerkennung-in-Deutschland.de.
- Letter of motivation with details on the planned search for employment (industry, region, planned place of residence/accommodation, etc.) in German or English, with one (1) copy
- If already available, further proof of your preparation for the search for employment (if applicable, invitations to job interviews), with two (2) copies
- Proof of financing of the stay, with two (2) copies. This can be provided by:
- a formal declaration of commitment according to §§ 66 to 68 of the Residence Act, in which a third person undertakes in writing to bear the costs. Foreigners' offices and registration authorities in Germany have appropriate forms available for this purpose.
- a credit balance at a German bank in the form of a blocked account in the amount of at least 6.162 Euro with a maximum monthly disposal amount of 1.027 Euro.
Further information on opening a blocked account in Germany can be found here: Opening a blocked account in Germany.
If your foreign university degree is recognized in Germany or comparable with a German degree, can be checked in the official databank anabin: ANABIN Important: Only if all three criteria of your…